History of DBT Center of Korea
The first Dialectical Behavior Therapy Center in Asia
The DBT Center of Korea observes rigorous DBT standards as well as the ethical standards of the American Psychological Association. It is the first DBT Center in Asia licensed with the Evidence Based Treatment Center of Seattle. We are very proud to have a licensing agreement with the Evidence Based Treatment Center of Seattle (EBTCS) for the best practice and advanced system management.
As a dedicated and committed organization to the relief of human suffering, the Dialectical Behavior Therapy Center of Korea pursues the highest professional standards for administering quality DBT services. It is our commitment to meet every client with a firm scientific belief that clients’ unrelenting suffering can be relived and one can live a new life.
History of DBT Center of Korea
* 2005- DBT Educational Seminar
* 2007.6 DBT Intensive Workshop Part I in Seattle
* 2007.9 Established Partnership between DBT Center in Seattle and DBT Center of Korea
* 2007-2009 DBT Team Supervision by Dr. Sayrs and Dr. DuBose
* 2007.11 Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT) in Philadelphia
* 2008.1 DBT Intensive Workshop Part II in Seattle
* 2008.1 EBTCS-DBTCK MOM (Meeting of Minds)
* 2008.5 DBT Overview and Skills Training Workshop in Seoul, by Dr. Marsha Linehan
* 2008.10 Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT) in Florida
* 2009.3 Temple Stay at Moosangsa
* 2009.11 Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT) in New York
* 2009.11 ISITDBT in New York
* 2009-2013 DBT Experiential Class for Professionals: Five Senses Seminar/ DBT Radical Acceptance Seminar/ DBT Truthful Seminar
* 2019.5 DBT 2 Experiential Class for Professionals by Dr. Cho
Translation/Publication Project of DBT Skills Training Manuals
Dr. Yong Cho translated Dr. Marsha Linehan’s first DBT Skills Training Manual for Treating Borderline Personality Disorder in 2007. He translated and published the 2nd edition of DBT Skills Training Manual and DBT Skills Training Handouts & Worksheets in 2017 and 2019. The translation and publication projects were launched to ensure the ethical translation of the treatment manuals.
Dr. Cho and DBT Center of Korea completed the translation and publication of Linehan’s 2nd edition Manuals as well as Dr. Rathus’ and Dr. Miller’s DBT Skills Manual for Adolescents.
– DBT Skills Training Manual, 2nd Edition
– DBT Skills Training Handouts and Worksheets, 2nd Edition
– DBT Skills Manual for Adolescents
All of the translated DBT manuals were published after thorough clinical applications; the wordings and clinical nuances were compatibly translated to convey the author’s clinical intents. Since Dr. Cho first applied DBT for Korean immigrants in 1997 at the Zucker Hillside Hospital in New York, the DBT skills have been implemented for Korean speaking population for more than 20 years. In 2008, DBT Center of Korea/the Tree Group hosted the Dr. Linehan’s DBT workshop. There were hundreds of professionals participated in her DBT workshop; after the workshop, these professionals shared that they hoped to have the actual skills training experience themselves. With Dr. Linehan’s thoughtful concerns and suggestions, Dr. Cho and DBT Center of Korea started the DBT Experiential Class for Professionals in Korea. The DBT Experiential Class was not offered while the team inserted all of its efforts to complete the translation project. With the fulfillment of our mission, now we proudly launch the DBT 2 Experiential Class for Professionals with the second edition of DBT manuals. It will provide you with an opportunity to experience and to learn the actual DBT group skills training class.