DBT- IOP (Intensive Outpatient Services)
DBT Intensive Outpatient Services (DBT-IOP) is an intensive treatment with the format of DBT Standard Treatment Program that offers 6-20 hours of DBT individual psychotherapy and DBT skills training group per week. The treatment duration is around 3-6 months depending on individual circumstances and treatment goals.
DBT-IOP is recommended if a client meets the following criteria:
– Experiencing severe emotion regulation issues / complex and chronic difficulties / depression, anxiety, eating disorder, substance abuse issues that impairs daily functioning; and the typical frequency of DBT Standard program does not meet the needs of the clients
– Expected to go back to school/work after the intensive treatment
– Intensive outpatient services required after inpatient stays
– Intensive DBT skills training needed within a limited time frame
– Difficult to participate in the DBT standard program due to environmental limitations including time, length, and geographic distance